Thursday, February 25, 2010

Therapy

My physical therapist dumped me.

"I'm really starting to see the frustration you feel with your body," she said, shaking her head. "Cause I'm starting to feel it, too."

This after three months of physical therapy for the plantar fasciitis, the bum hamstring (and the bum neck, though I never expected she could fix that) that has only resulted in putting out my lower back, too.

So she sent me to another therapist. A tiny, older woman who likes to yank my ankles over her head and apply tape and ultrasound to parts of my body, all the while chattering about my pelvis. Apparently, it's all because of my pelvis.

So I'm agreeing to another couple of months with the new therapist. I'm also taking the advice of and on my new doctor, a charming hippie M.D., (she sometimes gives homeopathic remedies, in addition to her prescriptions.), and I'm trying a new diet that's supposed to be anti-inflammatory.

The diet consists of lean meat, rice, beans, fruit and vegetables. No sugar. No dairy. No caffeine. No butter. No wheat.

I'm only on day four. Generally, in a day, I'm eating a bowl of oats (agave instead of sugar), fish, a salad, a couple of apples, some brown rice, and heaps of veggies. It's not much fun. Especially since I have to cut out other potential allergens, like eggs and everything in the nightshade family (eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and potatoes). Try making a decent brown rice pasta sauce without butter or tomatoes. I dare ya.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds painful! Hang in there :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT THE NIGHTSHADES! Those are pretty much exactly the kinds of foods I’d like to restrict myself to, but it’s so hard when there’s no reason to. At least you can drink lots of vodka with lime? LOTS of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, it's your pelvis!! It really is all about your pelvis! What a smart physical therapist. Maybe go see a massage therapist and a chiropractor? You should also think about getting pt for your neck/lower back, they should help align your pelvis! And, what about the supplements I told you about???

    P.s., I went to an awesome hippie Dr. in Bend. Laura Cheshire (like the cat) was her name. I LOVED her!

    ReplyDelete

Tell it